KENN & KENTON FEDERATION STRATEGIC PLAN 2019 -2020:
Teaching and Learning 2019-20
|· Ensure that all staff have the necessary skills to develop effective interventions for PPG pupils make the same progress as other children in the school
· All teachers and support staff have an excellent understanding of age related expectations and have the necessary skills to narrow the gap for significant groups, through embedded standardisation and moderation across the federation, to ensure consistency in assessments and levelling – including use of PPA time.
· SEN – next steps of the Enhanced Autism plan to be actioned and reviewed.
· Gender– all groups have their needs met and are supported to improve progress – boys in writing, girls in maths.
Quest-based Curriculum 2019-20
· Maintain high standards and expectations of all presentation – most recording to happen in topic books.
English – To improve vocabulary development in all pupils. To develop children’s usf.e of formal and informal voice. 2019-20
- Develop reading achievement through high quality phonics, improved reading assessment methods and vocabulary development, increase standards in speaking and listening, specifically through opportunities in drama and performance and improve writing in KS1, specifically enabling expected writers to become greater depth
- Improve writing in KS1, specifically enabling expected writers to become greater depth
- Develop reading achievement through high quality phonics, improved reading assessment methods and vocabulary development
- Increased standards in speaking and listening, specifically through opportunities in drama and performance
Behaviour and Safety 2019-20
|· Improved adult/ child and adult/ adult and child/ child relationships in school as a result of the attachment-based mentoring training – relationships with others, awareness of relationship needs – voice, knowing others as individuals.
· Internet safety and online behaviours to be a focus for children, staff and parents.
· Ready to learn characteristics to be reviewed, taught + Growth Mindset work re-visited. Clearer link to Golden Phone Calls.
· Children fully involved in monitoring their own readiness to learn and feeding back to teachers and SLT about the actions of themselves and others on their learning.
. Child Assault Prevention project review for the children, staff and volunteers.
- Staff will begin to follow a Mastery Approach:
– where pupils will be encouraged to believe that by working hard at maths they can succeed, rejecting the idea that people ‘just can’t do maths’
– where pupils are taught through whole class interactive teaching
– all pupils will work together on the same lesson content at the same time
– no pupil will be left behind; timely, focused intervention will take place
– procedural fluency and conceptual understanding are developed in tandem
– key facts such as multiplication tables and addition facts within 10 are learnt to automaticity
- Stringent monitoring of teaching, learning and assessment ensures implementation and improvements outlined in the school improvement plan and maths policy resulting in raised attainment for previously identified underachieving groups.