Teachers – Mrs Rachel Garner & Mrs Jo Tetlow
Autmn Term 2019
Welcome back everybody; we hope you all had a good half-term break.
This half term we will be encouraging the children to think about the type of things they celebrate – such as birthdays and Christmas – and importantly, why!
Through topic work, we will be learning about why Christmas is important to Christians. We will also be finding out about Diwali and why it is important to Hindus. Please see the Celebrations topic web below for more information about what we’re planning to get up to.
Then, towards the end of term you will be stunned to hear we will be throwing ourselves into Christmas – prepare yourselves for glitter-covered children coming home!
Huge thanks to parents who have been able to spare time to read in school with children at the beginning or end of a day – much appreciated and so very valuable, thank you.
A few reminders:
- PE kits need to be left in school. Keep a spare pair of pants/tights in PE bags if you think it necessary.
- Please remember to send your child to school with a named water bottle and a fruit snack.
- Do remember to label all uniform.
- Mrs Tetlow will be in Class 1 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings.
- Mrs Garner will be in Class 1 every Thursday and Friday.
- Mrs Leeming will be in Class 1 to support us all day on a Monday.
- Mrs Weeks will be in Class 1 to support us every morning from Tuesday to Friday.
Please pop in to see us if you have any questions.
Jo Tetlow and Rachel Garner
For an overview of the entire Year 1 curricula please click on the link below.