Teachers – Mrs Rachel Garner & Mrs Jo Tetlow
Autumn Term 2017
Where did that first half term go?! We are delighted with the way your children have settled in to school and are looking forward to the busy term ahead, especially when we can launch into the glitter and sparkle that Christmas brings to Class 1!
We’d like to thank you for your very kind play dough offerings. Every batch has been very much appreciated and well used. We really do need lots of junk modelling boxes for general use and also for when we make vehicles so please send in what you have.
Our topic this half term is ‘Fairy Tales’ with a focus on Cinderella and encompasses all areas of the foundation stage curriculum.
The below grid will hopefully give you a flavour of some of the things we’ll be doing and learning about this term. (click image to enlarge) All children will undertake learning based on the following but it will be tailored to their different needs and abilities.
Year 1 – coming soon..
Please pop in to see us if you have any questions or if you need to tell us anything and do remember to let us know if someone new is collecting your child from school. We need to be informed of this so we are confident that we are sending your child home with the right person.
A few reminders:
- PE kits need to be left in school. Keep a spare pair of pants/tights in PE bags if you think it necessary.
- Please remember to send your child to school with a named water bottle and a fruit snack.
- Mrs Tetlow will be in Class 1 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Mrs Garner will be in Class 1 every Thursday and Friday.
- Mrs Weeks will be in Class 1 to support us, every morning except Mondays.
- Mrs Leeming will be with Class 1 on Mondays
Ideally for Foundation Stage children, sharing a book for around 5 – 10 minutes every day helps greatly with progress towards becoming a reader. If you and your child have any energy left at the end of a busy day to read together that would be wonderful!
Thank you for your support
Jo Tetlow and Rachel Garner