Teachers – Mrs Rachel Garner & Mrs Jo Tetlow
Autumn Term 2020
Welcome back everybody; we hope you all had a good half term break.
This half term we will be encouraging the children to think about the type of things they celebrate – such as birthdays and Christmas – and importantly, why!
Through topic work we will be learning about why Christmas is important to Christians. We will also be finding out about Diwali and why it is important to Hindus. Please see the Celebrations topic web for more information about what we’re planning to get up to.
Then, towards the end of term you will be stunned to hear we will be throwing ourselves into Christmas – prepare yourselves for glitter-covered children coming home!
We will also be working on learning our letter sounds, beginning to sound out words and completing some have a go writing.
A few reminders:
- Keep a spare pair of pants/tights in a bags if you think it necessary.
- You are welcome to send your child in with a number of layers as the weather starts to turn colder.
- Please remember to send your child to school with a named water bottle and a fruit snack.
- Do remember to label all uniform.
- Mrs Tetlow will be in Class 1 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings.
- Mrs Garner will be in Class 1 every Thursday and Friday.
- Mrs Leeming will be in Class 1 to support us all day on a Monday and Thursday.
- Mrs Weeks will be in Class 1 to support us every morning from Tuesday to Friday.
Please pop in to see us if you have any questions.
Jo Tetlow and Rachel Garner
For an overview of the entire Year 1 curricula please click on the link below.