Teachers – Mrs Rachel Garner & Mrs Jo Tetlow
Spring Term 2019 – First Half
Welcome back! We hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas break. We have lots of fun things planned to help us learn this half term. Here is our topic information – we hope it gives you an idea of the things we’ll be doing and learning about over the coming weeks.
Click image to enlarge.
Our topic begins with the story of Penguin Small who travels in a hat (of course) across the sea to a tropical land. Through this story we are able to investigate hot and cold climates and the animals that live in these places. We will find out about the explorer Shackleton too.
We will be doing a lot of junk modelling over the next few weeks – making boats for Penguin Small – so please keep the cardboard boxes and cartons coming!
Huge thanks to parents who have been able to spare time to read in school with children at the beginning or end of a day – much appreciated and so very valuable, thank you. If you are able to give us any of your time, we will snap you up!
A few reminders:
- PE kits need to be left in school.
- Please remember to send your child to school with a named water bottle and a fruit snack.
- Do remember to label all uniform.
- Mrs Tetlow will be in Class 1 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday morning.
- Mrs Garner will be in Class 1 every Thursday and Friday.
- Mrs Leeming will be in Class 1 to support us on a Monday.
- Mrs Weeks will be in Class 1 to support us every morning from Tuesday to Friday and also on Wednesday afternoon
- Mrs Coles will be in Class 1, with Mrs Weeks on a Wednesday afternoon
Do pop in to see us if you have any questions or concerns.
We are both looking forward to a busy half term!
Thank you for your support
Rachel Garner and Jo Tetlow
For an overview of the entire Year 1 curricula please click on the link below.