Teachers – Mrs Daniel, Mrs Lunn, Mrs Tetlow and Mrs Garner
Autumn Term 2017
Hello and welcome to a new term! We hope you all had a lovely summer break.
The teaching team this term are Mrs Daniel, Mrs Lunn, Mrs Tetlow and Mrs Garner.
If you have any concerns at all please come and see either one of us before or after school. We usually have more time after school.
Our topic this term is ‘All about me’. The information below will help to give you more of an idea of what we will be doing this half term. All work will be adapted to cater for all the children’s needs and abilities. (click images to enlarge)
Our routines in Class 2.
- PE. Please have a named P.E. kit in school every day.
- Homework will now be given out on a Wednesday and is due in on a Monday.
- Year 1 – reading practice and sharing books (to include key word practice) for a minimum of 10-15 minutes per day. Maths or Literacy activity supported by parent or carer (weekly)
- Year 2 – Reading practice and book sharing for a minimum of 15 minutes per day. Literacy and Numeracy homework on alternate weeks – 20 minutes per week. Spellings practice weekly – 10 minutes per week. Times tables practice weekly – 10 minutes per week.
- We expect your child to be reading every day to an adult. Please make sure your child has his or her reading book and reading diary in school every day and help change his or her book in the morning if needed.
- Library books will be changed once a week if possible, usually on a Tuesday.
- Water bottles. Please make sure that your child has a clean, named and full water bottle in school each day.
We are all really looking forward to another great term!
Nicky Daniel, Angie Lunn, Jo Tetlow and Mrs Garner