Summer Term 2019 – Second Half
Hello and welcome back. I hope you had a great half term break, the children certainly deserved one after a lot of hard work! Year 2 were great during SATs, they tried their best and worked sensibly and without any fuss. I felt really proud of them. Year 1 were amazing too! They realised that they needed to be quiet and still do their best and didn’t mind when they had to work in Class 1 on occasion. Well done to all!
We hope to be outside lots this term if the weather is kind! Please make sure your child has their P.E. kit in school every day too, we might be working on damp grass sometimes, so a change of footwear is useful.
As usual, Mrs Bestwick and Mrs Lunn will be Class 2’s teachers and Mrs Coles will take the class on a Thursday afternoon.
Our routines in Class 2.
- PE. Please have a named P.E. kit in school every day. On Fridays, please send your child to school in his or her P.E. kit. They’ll need their uniform in a bag to change into after P.E.
- Homework will be given out on a Wednesday and is due in on a Monday.
- We expect your child to be reading every day to an adult. Please make sure your child has his or her reading book and reading diary in school every day and help change his or her book in the morning if needed.
- Water bottles. Please make sure that your child has a clean, named and full water bottle in school each day.
- PLEASE name your child’s uniform, especially his or her jumper and coat.
We are both really looking forward to a great half term – the last one of this academic year – how quickly the time has gone!
Lorraine Bestwick and Angie Lunn
For an overview of the entire Year 1 and Year 2 curricula please click on the link below.